In the Referendum held on 19th October 2017 at the Methodist Hall, 41.5% of Waddesdon residents came out to vote – a tremendous turnout!
Of voters, 94% voted YES to the question:
“Do you want AVDC to use the neighbourhood plan for Waddesdon to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
This demonstrates the village’s extremely strong support for the Plan, and shows that residents really do care about Waddesdon!
On 23rd October 2017, AVDC formally ‘made’ the Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan, confirming that the Plan now forms a statutory part of the Development Plan for AVDC. The policies in the Plan therefore will be given full
weight when assessing planning applications in Waddesdon.
Thank you very much for your tremendous support for the Neighbourhood Plan!
Let’s keep Waddesdon a village, and build on the strong community which has come together to achieve this outstanding result!
Following completion of a 6 week consultation on the 3rd of July, AVDC appointed an independent Examiner to review the Neighbourhood Plan, to ensure that the Plan had been prepared in accordance with all of the rules. The Examiner found that the Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan could proceed to a Referendum of Waddesdon residents, subject to modifications.
The final Referendum version of the Plan document, incorporating the recommended revisions, can be found here – Referendum version of the Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan
All information can also be found on the AVDC website, here: https://www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/waddesdon-neighbourhood-plan
The following supporting information can also be found here:
- Information for Voters, provided by AVDC
- Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Timetable
- The Independent Examiner’s Report on the Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan
- A statement that AVDC is satisfied the Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan meets basic conditions
- Report from AVDC officers on the Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan (delegated report and decision)
- Referendum versions of the Waddesdon Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents
- General Information on Neighbourhood Planning